Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Reading Goals

Everyone has their own goals for summer reading.  Some teens strive to reach 10,000 pages so they can get their hands on one of five different $5 gift cards.  Adults may be striving to reach a certain number of books because their favorite village store has donated a coupon that they can earn by reading.  I am not ashamed to say it, but I have browsed the adult prizes and I have definitely set a goal to read a certain number of books so I can get a discounted coupon from a store I have been telling myself for years that I need to visit.  Personal reading goals aside, I am officially challenging all teens and adults in Zionsville to sign up for summer reading.  More than 400 teens have signed up for Teen Summer Reading and more than 200 adults are participating in Adult Summer Reading.  Here's the deal, I want more than 600 teens to sign up for Teen Summer Reading and more than 400 adults to sign up for Adult Summer Reading.  Why not?  Are you reading?  Do you not like free food, awesome prizes, and free candy?  Then be rewarded for reading when you are already reading.  It is easy!  Just visit our website and click on the Summer Reading Banner and click "online registration," or come in to the library and ask to sign up and staff and volunteers will likely begin tripping over themselves in an effort to get you signed up.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!