Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Wealth of Resources, All Free

I do work at a library and I love what I do, but I am also a huge advocate for all the great, free things a library offers.  Across the country, each library is different as staff evaluates the needs of a community.  Our library carries a wide array of DVDs and blu-ray movies to borrow at the cost of zero dollars and zero cents.  The cost is the same for borrowing new cooking books, biographies, and fiction titles.  Perhaps you have a New Year's resolution that involves shedding a few pounds.  With more than 100 exercise DVDs we've got you covered.  There is always a chance that there is a new tablet, Kindle, Nook, or Fire under the tree eagerly waiting for you.  In that case, we have free ebooks available on our website.  What's that?  You're more of a music person?  Freegal is a free database that allows you to download three songs per week with your library card.  Both ebook and music databases have apps that you can download on your smart phone or tablet, giving you or a loved one a great opportunity for portability during the holiday season or any season.  Trust me when I say I could go on and on and if you have seen the lady with the purple hair, you likely have been on the receiving end of one of my long speeches (in case you did not know, we also offer great programs for teens, including Kitchen Sink Crafts and a first ever Count Down to Noon Years).  We hope to see your smiling faces soon and while all of our staff is more than happy to assist you, you can always ask for the Teen Librarian.  I am the only one and I would be happy to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!