He Said/She Said/Who Said? Do you have a guess?
The following quotes appear in famous children's books. (The book covers are some clues. Answers are at the bottom of the article.)
1. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
2. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
4. “It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer.”
5. “It was all because of his no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing great-great-grandfather!”
6. “There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”
7. “I have noticed several times that people don't think I know how to behave even when I'm trying as hard as I can.”
8. “She thought to herself, "This is now." She was glad that the cozy house, and Pa and Ma and the firelight and the music, were now. They could not be forgotten, she thought, because now is now. It can never be a long time ago.”
9. “Give a boy - ANY boy - enough time, and he WILL eventually pick his nose!”
10. “And the walls became the world all around.”
11. “Some day I will be famous but for now I am stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons.”
12. "George promised to be good, but it is easy for little monkeys to forget."
13. “At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed, it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe.”
14. “...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
1. AA Milne, Winnie the Pooh 2. JK Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 3. Dr. Seuss, Happy Birthday to You! 4. EB White, Charlotte's Web 5. Louis Sachar, Holes 6. JRR Tolkien, The Hobbit 7. Astrid Lindren, Pippi Longstocking 8. Laura Ingalls Wilder, Little House in the Big Woods 9. Lincoln Peirce, From the Top 10. Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are 11. Jeff Kinney, Diary of a Wimpy Kid 12. HA Rey, Curious George 13. Chris Van Allsburg, The Polar Express 14. Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning.