We don’t want our Zionsville Teachers to miss out on the opportunity to use services at our public library. Here is information on how to get a library card if you are not a resident of Zionsville.
Hussey-Mayfield Public Library Teacher Card
- Borrow a variety of materials for use in your classroom or lesson planning, including youth, young adult and adult books, audiobooks, music CDs, and DVDs. There are no restrictions on the types of materials they can borrow. Borrow up to 100 items
- Request extended loan period: Videos/DVDs: 14 days [usually 7 days], Books: up to 6 weeks [usually 3 weeks.] Extensions may be obtained by calling the Circulation desk, 317-873-8340 or while checking out in person.
- Place holds on up to 20 items
- Your library card will give you access to our rich database resources such as:
- Overdrive(download free AudioBooks and eBooks using your Library card.)
- Freegal (Download up to 3 free songs per week to your audio device using your Library card!)
- Rocket Languages (Learn as many as 11 languages using this free, fun interactive program!)
- NoveList (an electronic fiction readers' advisory database of over 120,000 fiction titles including Author Read-alikes, Book Discussion Guides, BookTalks, and Feature Articles.)
We hope this card will allow you to take advantage of the Library’s rich collection for your students!
Applying for a Teacher Library Card
Who can apply for a Teacher Library Card?
- Teachers, student teachers and paid workers in the classroom not classified as a teacher, who reside outside the Library District, but work in local public and private schools.
- Teachers in day care centers located inside the Library District.
- Teachers who also reside in the Library District may receive the same benefits of a teacher's card on materials checked out for classroom use.
When the ZCS teacher applies for this special card, They should be prepared to show their Driver’s License showing your current residence address and proof of school employment, i.e. a paystub or school ID.
This card will expire 1 year from the issue date or be deleted from the file if the cardholder no longer works in the classroom in the Library District. The card may be renewed if the teacher or classroom assistant is still employed in the position during the subsequent school year.