Friday, March 23, 2012

PLA Youth Highlights: Muzzy, Goodnight iPAD, Whatever After

The Public Library Association hosted an awesome conference in Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love! Librarians from all over meet to exchange ideas and opinions at PLA. It's an opportunity to consider important issues of libraries, and a chance to implement new energy in our community!
I met some famous notable characters on my trip...
Meet Muzzy. Muzzy is part of a BBC language course, and they have just revamped their foreign language program. Thankfully we are updating our collection, goodbye VHS and cassette tapes, hello DVDs and CD Roms! Check out our shelves for Muzzy's new French, Spanish, German, and Chinese programs.

Penworthy the Bear (right) showed me some high interest books that our Library will definitely want to showcase. With all of the books he showed me, I would definitely say he is a "BEARY good reader!"

In addition to these characters, I also met several authors. I had a copy of Goodnight iPAD signed by the author, Ann Droyd. The author didn't look like an Ann, but what a clever pseudonym! The book is quite clever for those of you that are high tech.  I had dinner with Sarah Mlynowski, who has a new fairy tale series coming out called Whatever After. I can't wait to read the first book, Fairest of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!