Thursday, May 5, 2011

Anyone can take an IU computer class

Summer is an ideal time to pump up the skills you need in your job or your job search. One source of first-rate training in a wide variety of technology topics is Indiana University. Their tech-training classes are available to anyone.

I happen to know of IU's offerings because I'm a grad student at IU's School of Library & Information Science at Indianapolis, so I get the university's newsletters about information technology. I was surprised to learn that all the technology training that's available for free to faculty, staff and students is also available for $25-$65 to the general public. IU alumni get a discount. Class subjects include: Microsoft Office applications, such as Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word; website creation and management tools; Adobe Creative Suite (CS5) and Flash; and global information systems (GIS).

You can visit the IU IT training website for more information, including a downloadable PDF copy of the university's technology classes' descriptions and summer schedule for the Indianapolis campus.

Do you know of any other good sources of continuing education? Please let us know by clicking the comments link below.

If you have any questions about technology training that you've received from me here at Hussey-Mayfield, click the comments link to post your question and I'll answer it right away. Or you can visit my Blogger page, which has a link for sending me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!