Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday, May 20th is National BIKE TO WORK DAY!


I have to admit, I almost didn’t do it.  It would have been nice to have another cup of coffee, leisurely peruse the newspaper and not rush.  However, I couldn’t very well back out.  I was the one who sent an email to the entire library staff about my intention to bike to work this morning.  Then a funny thing happened about half way through my ride.  I remembered why I love to ride.  

 Traveling by bicycle allows you to view all those things you miss in the car when you are going at a higher speed.  The birds crossing your path, the smell of lilacs in the air and the house far back from the road or the garden that you never noticed before.    The other wonderful thing about riding is that is always takes me back to my youth.  Going downhill with the wind on my face never fails to remind me of the feeling I had when I was young of having complete freedom on my bike.  So for a short while, I am young and carefree without worry until I start thinking about the uphill ride home!

Jackie J

1 comment:

  1. I had a wonderful ride to work this morning too! Maybe next year we will have more bikes in the parking lot!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think!