in.gov/library/statehood.htm. Winners of the Hoosier Bicentennial Moments essay contest will be honored at the Statehood Day Celebration at one of four participating locations on Thursday, December 11, 2014. For additional information regarding events planned for Statehood Day, please visit in.gov/idoa/2371.htm.
• The competition is open to any Indiana 4th grade public, private or homeschooled student in the 2014-2015 school year.
• Essays must range from 100 to 300 words, handwritten or typed.
• Essays should be submitted on the front of one page whenever possible. No identifying information should be on the front of the entry. Identifying information including the student’s name, teacher’s name, school’s name, address, telephone number, and a valid email address for the teacher or individual, must be included. Entries are accepted from schools or individuals.
• Essays should be reflective of the theme and convey clear thoughts about Hoosier Bicentennial Moments which can include historical moments, significant events, or great moments in time for Indiana or Indiana Hoosiers.
• Essays must be postmarked by Friday, October 24, 2014 and should be mailed to the Indiana State Library.
• A panel of judges will choose first, second, third, and fourth place winners.
The winners, along with their class, will be invited to read his or her essays at one of the four participating locations on December 11th for Indiana’s 198th Statehood Day.