Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Awesome Anime Event


Candy sushi! Now that I have your attention… creating and eating candy sushi is the activity we did last year for our Anime the Day Away event. This year, there will be drinks and popcorn along with the highly acclaimed, Japan Media Arts Festival grand prize winning movie, “Millennium Actress.” The movie takes a television camera crew through the life of famed actress Chiyoko Fuhiwara, who has been in recluse for more than 30 years after ending her acting career. Now, if you have talked to me about anime or manga, you know they are not my strong points. Since we only offer this program once a year, I wanted to bring anime lovers more than candy sushi, so I made a phone call to the experts. The Anime Club of IUPUI is coming in to take over the reins after the movie. The Anime Club will provide a one-of-a-kind, Jeopardy-style board featuring manga and anime trivia, complete with a set of Jeopardy-style buzzers! I don’t know about you, but I think this is really exciting! No one wants me to create trivia for manga and anime (because I have very limited knowledge of the subjects), but Courtney from the Anime Club has a range of knowledge that will blow your mind. Teens in grades six and up won’t want to miss our Anime the Day Away event. It’s on Monday, January 16 (a no-school day) from 12:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. Registration is recommended (so I don’t run out of popcorn and drinks). See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!