The Library's participation in Zionsville's Christmas in the Village kick-off weekend promises to be another exciting celebration of the holiday season and our volunteers have as much fun as our visitors!
Our theme this year is "Holiday Greetings" and volunteers are needed in 2 - 3 hour shifts to help with greeting visitors, monitoring refreshments in the Holly Day Cafe and assisting with crafts at our 7 holiday trees:
- Geek the Gold Tree in the Teen Area
- Post Cards from Past Tree in the Adult Area
- Pop-Up Greetings Tree in the Adult Area
- Candy Cane Tree in the Adult Area
- International / Passport Tree in the Youth Area
- Heroes' Tree in the Youth Area [bring in items for Vets, too!]
- Poinsettia / Shrinky Dink Tree in the Youth Area
Many volunteers (age 14 and older) are needed and your volunteer time is great for fulfilling community service needs for honor societies, Scouts, and clubs. Light refreshments will be available for volunteers.
Before or after you volunteer, enjoy exploring the Library, visiting the 7 trees with crafts, shopping at the Friends of the Library's Holiday BoutiqueFriends of the Library Holiday Boutique, listening to music and possibly taking in a puppet or magic show if you time it right!
Interested volunteers may sign up online at http://www1.mysignup.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?datafile=holidaystroll2011 or call Mary Rueff at 873-3149, ext. 13002.
Come join us as we ring in the season at the Library's Holiday Stroll!