Thursday, October 6, 2011

Farewell to my "Geek Hero" Steve Jobs



A sad farewell to the Steve Jobs. What can I say?  We have an old LC II Machintosh Computer in our garage and I can't seem to get rid of those old blue floppy educational game disks from the 1990's stored in a box in my closet.  I wonder if the old  machine with 40 MB hard drive would still work if I put in a floppy?

I Geek Mac! Thanks to my dad, who is a "Mac Man", we have laptops for all the grandchildren, desk tops to show our 25,000+ pictures & iPad. We have purchased  iPods, iTunes cards, iTV . I even broke down and purchased a new MacBook Pro laptop for work because my husband hogs my iPad for the morning news on the WSJ Online (Wall Street Journal). I am the only Librarian at this library hooked on Mac so I carry my Mac to work every day. I can be extra efficient working on both a PC and Mac at the same time.

The following two biographies found in the children's department (the only two books about Steve Jobs in our library) give a fine glimpse into his Steve's life. These books provide so much more than what one can find surfing the internet. As I watch brilliant young minds wonder through the stacks at our Library, I wonder, who will follow his footsteps and create things we never knew we needed?

Check them out! You can place them on hold if someone beats you to them.

Steve Jobs : the brilliant mind behind Apple by Anthony Imbimbo

Steve Jobs & Steve Wozniak Geek Heroes Who Put the Personal in Computers by Mike Venezia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!